There are two things to know about us boys. We love NYC and we love cookies! One of the most iconic bakeries in NYC is Levain Bakery. When you plan your next trip to the city, plan an afternoon in line waiting for one of their cookies. It’s worth any wait. There have been times we’ve waited hours upon hours for one of their warm Walnut Chocolate Chip cookies. We have brought out our inner baker during these Quarantine times and want to share a recipe we stumbled upon. We hope this easy-to-make cookie brings you joy, comfort, and a little bit of NYC into your home!
Let us know how they turn out! Tag your pictures at #whatscookingwithbboys
Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies adapted from ,,Modern Honey
- 1 cup Cold Butter cut into small cubes
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Cake Flour*
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Walnuts roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together cold cubed butter, brown sugar, and sugar for 4 minutes or until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Stir in flours, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined to avoid over-mixing. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Separate dough into large balls and place on lightly sprayed cookie sheet. They are quite large- you will fit probably 4 cookies on one large cookie sheet. The dough makes 8 extra large cookies but , personal note, feel free to make smaller cookies!
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Let them rest for at least 10 minutes to set.
*can substitute all-purpose flour for cake flour
*Levain Bakery has stated they don’t use vanilla extract in their cookies. If you would like to add vanilla extract, recipe suggests using 1 tsp. when mixing the eggs in batter.